Edoardo Dotti came from a milanese family of Tarot and playing card makers active during the nineteenth century. He was son of Teodoro Dotti, a craftsman that worked for many years within Ferdinando Gumppenberg, the most prolific card maker of Milan during the first three decades of the 19th century.
Edoardo Dotti inherited from his father numerous wood blocks for printing Tarot decks and common cards, including a partucolar version of Gumppenberg’s “Tarocco Soprafino” which Edoardo renewed with new shapes and colors.
This is the absolutely faithful reprint of the splendid Tarot printed by Edoardo Dotti in 1862.
A booklet (59 full color pages) accompanies the deck: The Milanese Tarot from the 16th to the 19th century, by Giordano Berti, known throughout the world as one of the greatest experts in the history and esotericism of the Tarot.
LIMITED EDITION: 900 numbered copies
The same deck is available in two different boxes: DELUXE BOX (book-shaped) or ART BOX, simpler but equally elegant. Both boxes are handmade by expert Italian craftsmen.
This is the DELUXE BOX version (mm 158 x 100 x 50 = inches 6.22 x 3.93 x 1.96) designed by Letizia Rivetti. Golden metal corners. Red velvet interior. Satin lace closure. NO PLASTIC!
- 78 CARDS : size mm 105 × 52 = inches 4.133″ x 2.047″
- WARRANTY CARD : with serial number and Editor’s signature.
- BOOKLET : 60 full color pages (mm 125 x 85 = inches 4.92 x 3.34) with historical news on the Milanese Tarot tradition, available in Italian or English, written by Giordano Berti.
- LEAFLET : 8 pages, Giulia Orsini, with divinatory meanings of each card and reading methods.
- RINASCIMENTO CATALOG : 32 color pages, available in English, Italian, or Spanish.
- PERSONAL NOTE : handwritten for you by Giordano Berti.
Printed in Itali in 2021
EDITION OF ARTISTIC VALUE
100% MADE IN ITALY
by RINASCIMENTO – ITALIAN STYLE ART