Around 1760 a German card maker, Johann Christoph Hes, created this deck in Augsburg, adapting the Marseille Tarot to a substantially joyful vision of human life. In fact, the most original aspect consists in the faces of the Court Figures and the Major Arcana: everyone smiles amiably, including Death and the Devil. This feature makes us reflect on possible uses of the deck that are different from usual. Each card bears the original caption in French, following the marseillais tradition.
The only Tarot of Hes known today is preserved in the British Museum in London, which has only ceded the publication rights to Rinascimento Italian Style Art.
The 78 hand-painted cards have been reproduced on fine paper with a high percent of cotton, also suitable for fortune telling.
The faithful reprint is edited by Giordano Berti, known throughout the world as one of the greatest experts in the history and esotericism of the Tarot.
Berti also wrote the historical booklet attached to the deck, available in Italian or English: Tarot in German countries from 16th to 18th Century, available in English or Italian.
LIMITED EDITION: 900 numbered copies.
The same deck is available in two different boxes:
- DELUXE (book-shaped),
- ART BOX (simpler but equally elegant).
This is the ART BOX, a refined 2-parts box covered with paper that reproduces an old german marble design.
The box, designed by designer Letizia Rivetti, is handmade by expert Italian craftsmen. NO PLASTIC!
- 78 CARDS : size 66× 125 mm = inches 42.59″ x 4.29″
- WARRANTY CARD : with serial number and Editor’s signature.
- BOOKLET : 36 full color pages (mm 125 x 85 = inches 4.92 x 3.34) available in Italian or English, written by Giordano Berti.
- LEAFLET : 8 pages written by Giulia Orsini, with divinatory meanings of each card and reading methods.
- RINASCIMENTO CATALOG : 32 color pages, available in English, Italian, or Spanish.
- PERSONAL NOTE : handwritten for you by Giordano Berti.
Printed in Italy in 2018
EDITION OF ARTISTIC VALUE
100% MADE IN ITALY
by RINASCIMENTO ITALIAN STYLE ART